Castrol Brake Fluid DOT 4 is a synthetic brake fluid comprising of glycols and borate esters to achieve a higher boiling point and wet boiling point. It is designed for use in all brake systems particularly those which are exposed to extreme conditions.
As with all brake fluids which contain glycol ethers, care should be taken to avoid spilling this product on paintwork as it may have a damaging effect. In case of spillage, rinse the affected area with water immediately. Do not wipe.
All conventional brake fluids deteriorate during use. It is strongly recommended that Castrol Brake Fluid DOT 4 should be changed according to the vehicle manufacturer’s advice. In the absence of such advice, a 2 year change period is recommended.
This product has been formulated from mixed polyalkylene glycol ethers and borate esters together with high performance additives and inhibitors which give ultimate system protection:
- Against the effects of corrosion
- High boiling point temperature to reduce vapour lock
- The formulation has been developed such that the vapour lock
- point can be sustained at a higher level than conventional glycol ether based fluids during the service life of the product
- Meets the requirements of the SAE J1703, SAE J1704, FMVSS 116 DOT 4, ISO 4925, JASO JIS K 2233
- Castrol Brake Fluid DOT 4 is fully compatible with other fluids meeting FMVSS 116 DOT 3 and DOT 4 however, in order to maintain the superior performance characteristics of Castrol Brake Fluid DOT 4, avoid mixing with other brake fluids products